Friday, August 7, 2009

Rules of Engagement when it comes to friendship and me...

I have a set of standards I follow when it comes to being friends with people. I offer respect to people and its up to them to keep that respect or lose it with their own actions.

This is how I role:

I like you before I hate you. If you haven't given me a reason to dislike you then you are good to go. Which leads me to my next rule...

I give second chances to those who I honestly believe mean well and show change. I'm a sucker with a good heart that sees the good in people but sometimes I am blind to the evil in a person. Ive let people back in after they have hurt me in the past only to be hurt by that person again. The second time is the last time.

I DO NOT gossip about people. I cant stand it! I will turn my head to it and ignore it. I offer that respect to everyone and I hope that the same respect is returned to me.

I DO NOT tell people secrets that they have confided in me. If you tell me something, it goes to my grave with me. I have very very few friends I can trust with my deepest secrets and I hope to god they do not use them as content for gossip. If I find out that what Ive said in confidence to a person has been said to others, the friendship is over then and there. I cannot be friends with people I cannot trust. This includes telling others my personal business that they dont need to know about(seriously, if I havent told them, they dont need to know).

I am not two faced. If I have something to say to you, Ill say it. You will know when I don't like you.

I respect other people opinions and I am open minded to things unless I have my own beliefs already set on certain issues and subjects. We are all unique individuals with different views. We can learn and teach one another.

I do not play high school teenage games. This is REAL life and the REAL world. I graduated school early 10 years ago so I could leave that world behind and grow up.

I understand a lot of people I know are still young and have a lot of growing to do just like I did when I was their age. I wont always agree with their actions but I will respect the fact that we all have to learn through our own trial and errors.

I'm sure I have more but Ill have to add them when I get more free time but these are the most important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Please note that while your advice and opinions are welcome, please comment in a respectful manner. Id offer the same if this was your post. Please refrain from any lude or unkind words. Thank you ~ R. Newton*