Friday, March 13, 2009

"The Shack"

First off, regardless of what reviews you have seen about this book, read it. It's amazing. It will open your eyes to so many things. I laughed and cried all with in the first hour of reading the book. I bought the book to read not even knowing what it was about. My cousin talked it up enough that I gave in. It took me 3 days to read. Only because I HAD to put the book down to give my brain a rest because some of it was just so intense and made me think way to hard! So without giving it away, Ill give my view on the book.


A man named Mack suffers a rough childhood. Runs away at a young age. Grows up and gets married and has children. He suffers an unimaginable loss one summer. 3 years pass and a mystery letter appears in his mailbox. An invitation back to the place his life took a horrible turn. Its signed "Papa". Mack decided to venture back to this place of sadness and experiences something that I can only describe as amazing.

I only wish I could experience something as beautiful as he did. It touched my life and changed the way I view things. I learned about the process of grieving, forgiveness and how God is never to far away and how every event; be it good or bad fits into each one of our lives.

Amazing book. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Please note that while your advice and opinions are welcome, please comment in a respectful manner. Id offer the same if this was your post. Please refrain from any lude or unkind words. Thank you ~ R. Newton*