Tuesday, October 13, 2009

YAY!! We made it!! In one piece!!!

We moved and are all in one piece!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the new house. The kids are over and beyond the moon having so much room to run and play. Not to mention rooms to call their own that are HUGE.

We haven't really been full speed on the unpacking. I think after the move itself, we needed a week of recovery.

We bought a new dining room set, new living room set and rugs for two of the rooms. I can honestly say I'm in love with the hardwood floors. Not so much in love with the fact that they are VERY high maintenance. Shark on Thursdays, Wetjet on Mondays, Swiffer in between.

The kids started school last Tuesday. They are still adjusting but seem to be okay with everything. Last week was a little crazy with the whole drop off thing. I guess in this school district, if you don't live across the street from the school, you have to either take the bus or do the car-rider drop off. I personally think it is beyond stupid. I mean, what kind of schools don't promote walking your kids to school??????? I live 5 minutes down the street (2 minute car ride) and I cant even feel comfortable walking the kids to school because there is no place for them to walk in as walkers. Id LOVE to be able to walk to get them come spring time. Maybe I will start walking them. I don't agree with their stuff but there is nothing stating I have to follow it.

Ill post some pictures in a few. Things are so out of place right now but in time it will all be perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Please note that while your advice and opinions are welcome, please comment in a respectful manner. Id offer the same if this was your post. Please refrain from any lude or unkind words. Thank you ~ R. Newton*