Saturday, February 19, 2011

4 positives and then 3 negatives?

Lately Ive been REALLY tired and REALLY absentminded. Its gotten so bad that I completely forgot my husband had parked behind me the other day and in a rush to get Jade to her tutor lesson, I backed directly into the front of his car. Even when it happened, it didnt register that I had hit his car! I was like 'omg! wtf did I just hit???" Only when I got out of the car did I have my 'oh shit' moment.

Okay so I took a pregnancy test that night. Things were adding up. it came back as half a positive. Like one solid control line and half of the second 'your pregnant' line. So I took another one. It was more faint. Another 'oh shit' moment for me. I kept it to myself  for the night. Id test again in the AM when my HGC levels would higher in my urine. So I woke up the next day. Pee'd on one stick. It wasnt working! The purple dye wasnt going up the stick like it should of been! So I took another a little while later when I could force myself to pee lol It came back positive! When I went back later to look at the other one, it was also positive! 4 positives. Those are positives right? 2 lines yes. 1 line no. I am seeing two lines, right? Ive used this brand before. They come in a box of 5 strips. I used them when I found out I was pregnant with Haleigh.

First top two are from Thursday. Bottom two are from Friday morning.


So just to be 100% sure, I did what ever other woman does. I run to CVS and pick up a 3 pack of EPT. I waited an hour and pee'd on the stick. Negative. I took another one a few hours later and same thing. Negative. I asked my cousin what it meant and she said to do it again in the morning. So I did. Pee'd on the stick and NEGATIVE! 3 negatives to my 4 positives. I started spotting a little today. Not much but a little speck here and there. I figure it was from messing around with hubs this morning. 

Top two from Friday. Bottom from this morning.


So what does this all mean? Well I can think of two things.

1. The test pack I used was faulty and the batch was bad giving me a false positive(which is rare).
OR

2. I had a chemical pregnancy.


Id much rather have the 1st option over the second. Because the second means I have lost yet another pregnancy. Which right now, I really emotionally could NOT take the news of that. I mean seriously. After losing one baby and the recent drama with Turtles health all in a 5 month time span..... I might just lose my last thread of hope I have left for any chance of having a normal freaking year. 

Over dramatic? Maybe to you. You haven't had to go through the last 5 months. I pray that you never do and that you never judge a woman who has. 

So what do I do now?

Wait. Thats all I can do.

Lately, my lifes been one great big waiting game. And Im tired of waiting.

2 comments:

  1. OUCH for Cliffs car....

    Hmmm...very interesting about the tests though....I would just go with the EPT tests...BUT I wouldn't say you have a chemcial pregancy, don't think like that, the strips were just faulty is all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, he wasnt too happy with me LOL But he has a nice 'kiss' from the tow hitch to remember me by whenever he sees it.

    Im going with the EPT. Only because I wanna think positive. My cousin(RN) agreed that it sounded like a chemical pregnancy with everything Ive been experiencing symptom wise and the tests being positive. HGC has to be present to get a positive as clear as I did. So it must of been just leaving my system. Im not okay with it but there is nothing I can do now. God has a plan and even though I dont understand it at times, I know its all for the best.

    Thinking positive! Tomorrow will be another positive day with Justins lab results!

    ReplyDelete

*Please note that while your advice and opinions are welcome, please comment in a respectful manner. Id offer the same if this was your post. Please refrain from any lude or unkind words. Thank you ~ R. Newton*