Friday, February 11, 2011

Todays appointment.


Well, it didnt go as I would of liked. But Im confident that the doctor we are seeing now will take the best of care of my little one.

This is what we know so far after the appointment:

-It is too early to give him a diagnosis of T.E.C. so what the doctors at the hospital told us is not 100%.

-It could be any of a number of things. All which we will test for as time goes by.

-Justins little heart is working over time. Which is understandable because it has to compensate for the blood loss.

-Justin has lost his appetite. He will eat the bare min. of food and then be done. At least I can get him to eat fruits and yogurt when I can.

-The doctor said that if his levels remain the same or lower in the next two weeks, a blood transfusion will be needed.

-The doctor is going to be looking at his blood platelets to see if he has sickle cell anemia and a few other things this time around. If things come back fine, we will go onto the next round of testing.

-It takes 3 nurses and myself to hold Justin down for blood draws even when he is wrapped up like a burrito!

I just want my baby to get better. Like NOW!

We will be seeing the regular pediatrician next monday for a retest of his levels and then we head back to Lombardi Cancer Center in Washington DC on the 21st to talk about what the blood work showed and what our next steps are.

Thats all the update I have energy for now. Till next week. Or before if something happens this weekend. Which I hope it doesnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Please note that while your advice and opinions are welcome, please comment in a respectful manner. Id offer the same if this was your post. Please refrain from any lude or unkind words. Thank you ~ R. Newton*