Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Another year has gone by



I married my best friend 9 years ago today. I will say it was the 1st best day in my life outside of my children’s birth days.

It’s crazy to think I’ve been in a relationship with him for so long lol Before him (after my ex); the longest my relationships lasted were a night. No lie. I was 19 and only looking to have a good time. When I met him, I had just gotten out of a year long relationship and was on the rebound. We both fell head over heels for one another and the night we met began a new journey for the both of us.

He left for Japan a month after we met but the distance only made us closer. Although, truth be told... I did get cold feet a month before the wedding. I got scared. 19 and about to be married. But I snapped out of it. Thank goodness. :)

About 2 months into his tour, talks about wedding plans began. He never officially asked me to marry him. We just knew it’s what we both wanted.
He came home in September on 3 weeks leave and we got married in a little chapel called The Hitching Post in Big Bear, CA. We spent our first night as man and wife in a little cottage behind the chapel run by a company called Cathy’s Country Cottages. It was perfect. And affordable! I think our little wedding cost us under $700. That included the cottages, photos (that we had to get developed on our own) and the wedding (21 people).

He went back to Japan to finish up the 6 months he had left on his tour. We had one week together as newlyweds before he had to go back. It was hard to let him go again. But I was floating on air for those months he was gone.

He really has taken care of me these 9 years. Spoiled me to no ends.
He isn’t perfect and lord knows he has made his share of mistakes as have I but we have always seen our way through the darker times and basked in the glory of the brighter times.

9 years has blessed us with a house full of love and 3 beautiful and amazing children. God has blessed us and continues to do so as we move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Please note that while your advice and opinions are welcome, please comment in a respectful manner. Id offer the same if this was your post. Please refrain from any lude or unkind words. Thank you ~ R. Newton*