Monday, September 14, 2009

What a weekend. Glad its over!

This past weekend did not start off on a good foot. Just full of drama between me and my husband. But after talking things through, we pushed past it. It takes a strong love to survive what we have been through in the past few years.

So, that was Friday. Saturday we went and took our wash to the laundry mat. Load our stuff into the machines and turn them on. I thought I had cleaned all my pockets out but when we stared at the stupid glass window, there mocking me was my credit card and license sticking out of my back pocket of a pair of jeans. Eventually the machine stopped (16 minutes later) and we quickly started pulling the wash out and going through it to look for the cards. They were not there!!!! OMG! They had slipped between the machines drain crack and lodged themselves somewhere and there was no getting them back that day.

I had to call the next day to see if they had found them. The woman didn’t speak or understand English very well (makes me kick myself in the butt for not keeping up with my Spanish!! What kind of Mexican am I?!?!?) and I was just going to go in and explain to her what the issue was. Well, I look outside and I have no truck!! Cliff took it. At that point I had just woken up and wasn’t in a good mood as it was so when I saw my truck gone I just ended up getting more frustrated. What topped me off was that I called my husband 67 times in an hour and a half and he didn’t pick up. That’s right; I called him every minute for an hour!! lol He finally called me back and said his phone had been on silent. Okay, first off.. NEVER silence your phone dude!! What if it was a serious emergency?!?! (Pokes Cliff) He had silenced the phone on Friday because “I was texting him too much.” I wanted to kill him at that point lol Any-who, he says he would go to the place and see if he can solve the missing ID and credit card issue. He came home after not being able to find the cards.

He had been out all morning doing nice things. He went grocery shopping, even got my truck cleaned for me. Can we say “You are a Bitch Raquel!” Yeah, I felt horrible. I still do, kind of. No one said being in the wrong was a pleasure. I had to suck up the pride on that one. Made him dinner, gave him a little TLC.

So a little while after he got home, the lady at the laundry mat called and said she opened the machine and got the ID out but still no credit card. The machine was broken so no one was going to be able to use it anyhow. I went and picked up my license which I needed so I could purchase my damn washer and dryer! They wouldn’t let me use my Best Buy credit card to buy them unless I went into the store and verified my identity. So I was elated to get that “We found it” call.

I was so mad at myself for losing the one credit card in the wash. We had to report the card lost which closed out Cliff’s card that he was going to purchase the washer and dryer on. So I had to apply for the BB credit in order to get the deal we got on the machines. We had to buy them before midnight on Saturday. So, needless to say CLEAN YOUR POCKETS OUT!!

I received another call a half hour ago saying they found my credit card in the machine today. Relief. **sigh**

Ill add pics of the credit card later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Please note that while your advice and opinions are welcome, please comment in a respectful manner. Id offer the same if this was your post. Please refrain from any lude or unkind words. Thank you ~ R. Newton*