Monday, November 22, 2010

Today

 Today i took a little walk
and i stopped along the way
i sat under a tree in a park
and watched the little ones play

i listened to their laughter
and watched the smiles on their face
and closed my eyes to take it in
and went to a different place

i saw a field that was neverending
and butterflies flew around
the warm sun shinning on my body
i look and see tiny footprints on the ground

these tiny footprints lead me
into a forest green
then into a tiny meadow
so beautiful and serene

a soft little hand comes from behind
and take my hand and pulls me down
to whispers in my ear...

"mommy youre never alone. Im always close to you.
when you feel the breeze upon your face
thats me kissing you.
when youre sleeping and you dream of me its really not a dream
its you and me touching hearts since we arent as far away as it seems.
you never got to hold me in your hands but in a better place
inside your body you kept me warm and both you and God kept me safe.
now its you that i look after when you are feelng sad
i kiss your cheek so softly
and say "mommy dont feel bad"
look around and youll see why
this place God made for little angels like me
who were too beautiful for earth
and even though your tears fall sometimes
i catch them and only i know their worth.

i slip back into reality as she slowly whispers
"i love you mommy" and turns to fade away
even for those brief moments
thats all i love to hear her say

i know my angels are safe
and in their fathers keep.
but sometimes i just sit
and in their memory i weep.

its not easy when you have to let go of an angel so close to your heart
but in the end it will be worth the pain when your are no longer apart.

Haleigh - Not a day goes by that I dont think of you, sweet baby. The pain is still very real in my heart and soul but every day Im learning that you are never too far away. Ill always have your sweet name to say and the good memories of when I carried you inside me. Even if it was for a short time and I never got to see you, its okay because I was blessed with a task that was so special. I got to grow a tiny angel. Love you baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Please note that while your advice and opinions are welcome, please comment in a respectful manner. Id offer the same if this was your post. Please refrain from any lude or unkind words. Thank you ~ R. Newton*